Skip Navigation LinksHome > Business Insurance > Drone Insurance
Gowrie Group is pleased to provide our clients with insurance solutions for drones (also known as Unmanned Aircraft Systems, UAS or UAVs). It is smart risk management to purchase coverage because drones are often excluded from liability policies. Flying a drone without coverage can expose you, your assets, and your organization to significant lawsuits and claims for bodily injury or property damage.
Note: coverage needs may differ depending on whether or not your organization owns the drone or contracts with a third party.
Drone Usage and Regulations:
- Drone Operating Rules. The FAA provides rules and safety tips for drone operation which apply to both commercial and recreational drone usage. Learn more on the FAA website.
- Drone Registration. As of December 2017, there is a law in place requiring all small unmanned aircraft (including drones) weighing more than .55 pounds and less than 55 pounds to be registered with the FAA and marked with a registration number. Learn more on the FAADroneZone website.
- Drone Pilot Licensing Requirements. If a drone is being flown commercially (which is defined by the FAA as “Flying for work, business, non-recreational reasons, or commercial gain”), the pilot must obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate. Learn more about UAS (Part 107) licensing.
- Learn More About Drone Usage & Requirements. Read the Gowrie Drone Risk Report.
Purchase Drone Insurance. Gowrie Group brings to you two smart options for purchasing Drone Insurance online: an episodic hourly policy or an annual policy.
Verify Episodic Drone Insurance. Through our partnership with Verifly, the leading on-demand drone insurance company, we offer you access to flexible drone insurance. Policies through Verifly are purchased for a specific time window (1, 4, or 8 hours) and area (from ¼ mile to 2 mile radius circles) where you plan to fly a drone, and can be bought just prior to the time of flight. Policies are purchased using the Verifly App (use invite code “Gowrie”).
- Get a Verifly Quote. Visit www.verifly.com/gowrie (use invite code “Gowrie” when setting up your account in the Verifly App).
Annual Drone Insurance Policy. Organizations looking for a broad, annual drone insurance policy can get a quote and purchase a policy using Gowrie’s drone insurance portal, which is brought to you through our partnership with Global Aerospace.
Speak with a member of the Gowrie Group Drone Insurance Team. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.262.8911.
Photo Credit: Header image and image of launching a drone from a boat by Skylark Drone Research - Drones4Boating